Have an idea to raise money? We believe that with the combination of friends, family, and fun you can create an exciting event to raise funds for Breast Cancer Angels!
Here are a few suggestions:
Host an Angel Party
An Angel Party is whatever you would like it to be! An Angel Party allows everyone the opportunity to get to know Breast Cancer Angels more in-depth, which helps us all foster a deeper relationship with each other. Some suggestions are below:
- Book Club
- Wine & Cheese Tasting
- Fitness and Awareness
- Rock Painting and Wine
- Teatime/Garden Tea
- Beach Party
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Cinco de Mayo
- Tupperware, Jewelry, Skincare, Clothing…any direct sales party is a great opportunity for fundraising!
Just pick the date and give us a call! We are happy to support you with your adventure. We encourage you to let us know the date and time, this way we can attend (if you want us there). We may speak about how we help in a way that will impact the community.
Plan and organize your party as you see fit. Ask a friend or two to help you! Whether you choose to make your party a simple event or extravaganza, the choice is yours. Please remember that the main goal is to raise funds for women and men during breast cancer treatment, and we SO appreciate you taking the time to share our organization with your family and friends.
Host a Golf Tournament
We are currently working with over 15 golf courses with the Women’s Golf Club. We encourage the Men’s group to do the same or hold a male/female game day.
Tournament Tips for a Successful Breast Cancer Angels Fundraiser
- Know Your Purpose: Raising funds for those enduring breast cancer treatment.
- Dress Code: Wear pink! (Optional but fun)
- Charge an Entry Fee: Most “tournaments” collect this fee as a direct donation of $20-$50/person and collectively donate the total amount to Breast Cancer Angels. Individuals can also make a separate donation for tax purposes as well.
- Offer Opportunity Drawings and/or a Silent Auction: Encourage local businesses, restaurants, and golf courses to provide prizes or items that can be placed for auction. Ticket sales for the drawing offer a great source of donations.
- Send Donation Letters: Spread the word of your tournament to all members of your group and local community. We can provide you with a sample letter that explains our mission statement and how donations are distributed.
- Send and Share Pics! We’d love to share your event on our website and social media. Be sure to take pictures and send them email@example.com
For more ideas on hosting your own golf tournament please contact us.
Other Ways You Can Help
Support While you Shop, Dine, or Travel: There are many places (especially in the month of October) that help support Breast Cancer Angels while you shop, dine, or travel. Some places, like Ralphs, require a sign up to make sure the donations go to BCA. If the shop doesn’t, be an advocate and share what we do!
In Memory/Honor of Gifts: Consider donating in honor or memory of a loved one by donating online or mailing in a gift. We can create a donation page link that honors your loved one to share with family and friends as an alternative to flowers.
Planned To Give: Trusts and Wills are a great opportunity to contribute beyond your lifetime.
Mailed or Online Donations: The quickest and easiest way to put your gift to work supporting our clients! Mail donations to PO Box 340 Los Alamitos, CA 90720 or click HERE for online donations. If you would like to be one of our Angels, consider donating monthly and click HERE.